*open class / course
"The Yoga Dance of the Sitting Cat" a.k.a. Gyrokinesis
- Do you sit many hours a day in front of the computer? Do you have tension or pain in your back or neck? Do you feel that you would need to sit or stand more straight?
Then come and try Gyrokinesis!
- Would you like to exercise but yoga seems too demanding? Perhaps sitting on the floor or training on a yoga mat isn't for you?
Then Gyrokinesis will work for you (also if you like yoga 🙂 ) since Gyrokinesis classes are done essentially sitting on a stool!
- Do you like dance?
Then you will like Gyrokinesis that feels like a "sitting dance" with rhythmic and flowing movements sequences.
- So what is Gyrokinesis?
Gyrokinesis (meaning "rotation-movement") is a method of wave-like movements with coordinated breathing that addresses mainly the spine and core muscles, but in fact also all joints, it stimulates the nervous system, the lymph circulation. It opens the body energy pathways (meridians, chakras) and improves mental focus. And it's fun!
With minimal effort, we harmonise, stretch and strengthen the whole body. I like to call Gyrokinesis "the Yoga Dance of the Sitting Cat" 😺
The Gyrokinesis method originated 30 years ago in the USA, developed by a professional dancer originally to address dancers' injuries. Apart from North America, the method is popular in Australia, Japan and Western Europe. In the Czech Republic it is new.
- For whom is Gyrokinesis?
Gyrokinesis is recommended for anyone regardless of age and physical ability, whether you work in an office, you are a professional dancer, a sportsperson or a senior, or if you are recovering from an injury. Gyrokinesis classes are adapted to fit anyone's ability.GYR
- What are the benefits of Gyrokinesis?
In everyday life:
- straight posture
- stronger and more flexible body
- toning and calming
- overall feeling of well being
- relief of back and neck pain.
Gyrokinesis is excellent for example if you sit many hours in the office.
Effects are noticeable after even just one Gyrokinesis class. People mention that they stand more straight afterward, even feeling that they "grew by 2 centimeters"
- What to bring? Comfortable clothes, socks or barefoot.
- The classes are taught in Czech and/or English.